Posted by: EatFree
- Eat foods as close to their natural state as possible (for example, choose steel cut oats over rolled oats.) This will in turn maximize your micronutrient intake.
- Employ a variety of tastes and textures in your meals.
- Choose meats that are raised humanely and other animal-based products (ex: dairy) that have been produced without the use of antibiotics and hormones.
- Remember that fat is not your enemy. Fats carry and develop flavor so a little bit can a long way in helping one maintain a lifestyle of whole-foods based eating.
- Eat mindfully. Savor your food. Involve all your senses. Don’t substitute food for a much needed hug, smile, or good night’s rest!