Posted by: EatFree
I crave these flavors (chocolate, espresso, and peppermint) during the winter season but definitely don’t crave the high fructose corn syrup, white sugar, or even “sucralose” (splenda) often found in commercially made syrups. Here’s a recipe that you can whip up at home with agave nectar, a natural low-glycemic sweetener. This recipe makes one 10 oz. drink, so just scale up accordingly.
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 8 oz. unsweetened Silk Soy milk, divided
- 1.5 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or to taste
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon peppermint mocha extract or to taste
- Pour about 2 oz. of boiling water over espresso powder and stir. Set aside.
- Lightly simmer soy milk. Pour out half into a separate mug, and dissolve cocoa powder, nectar, and extract off heat. Pour and stir this into espresso.
- Aerate rest of milk using either a stick blender or a milk foaming device. Add foam on top and enjoy.