Posted by: EatFree
- 20 ounces of brussel sprouts, quartered
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon red chili flakes or to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss sprouts with oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for a total of 30 minutes or until tender and lightly caramelized. Toss halfway through and then cover with aluminum foil. Roast at 400 degrees during last 4 to 5 minutes of baking time uncovered.
- Meanwhile toast sesame seeds in dry skillet over medium low heat for a few minutes or until lightly golden. Stir frequently. Let sesame seeds cool in a bowl along with the chili flakes (the residual heat from the toasting will help activate the chili’s heat.).
- When brussel sprouts are done, toss immediately with mint, sesame, and chili. Enjoy!