Posted by: EatFree
October 23rd, 2012 >> Vegetarian
This can be served as a complete and healthy recipe for dinner-it has whole grains, protein, and tons of flavor. Serve a side of lightly sauteed vegetables and you’re good to go!
- 12 ounces 100% whole wheat rotini pasta
- 2.5 cups mint (loosely packed)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flake or to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3.5 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
- Bring salted water in a large pot to a rolling boil. Add rotini and cook until al-dente, about 7 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend together mint, lemon, oil, and garlic. Stir in red pepper flakes and black pepper.
- Drain pasta and toss with dressing. Stir in chickpeas and feta. Enjoy!