Here’s an example of how minced mushrooms can act as a great substitute for meat in terms of texture and the umami flavor never hurts either. Works great as an appetizer.
- 1.5 tablespoons unsalted organic butter
- 8 ounces of mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- slices of whole wheat baguette, toasted
- goat cheese, approximately 4 ounces
- Heat butter in skillet. Meanwhile, chop mushrooms in food processor until finely minced. Add to skillet.
- Add thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook for 8 minutes on medium low heat. Add garlic and cook for another minute, evaporating excess moisture.
- Top each piece of bread with some goat cheese (about a teaspoon) and then about 1 tablespoon of the mushroom mixture. Enjoy!