Posted by: EatFree
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 lbs organic chicken tenderloins, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup baby corn, halved and cut lengthwise
- 3/4 pound eggplant, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon light muscavado sugar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- Heat oil. Add onions and cook on medium until lightly golden on edges. Add garlic, red pepper, salt, and pepper. Cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant on low.
- Add chicken, baby corn, and eggplant. Cook on medium uncovered for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. Cover and cook on medium for 5-8 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Meanwhile dissolve corn starch and raw sugar into soy sauce. Take off lid and add this mixture on high heat. Take off heat when chicken and vegetables are glazed with sauce. Enjoy with brown rice or wild rice!