Posted by: EatFree
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 black cardamom, crushed
- 2 green cardamoms, crushed
- 1 clove
- 1/2 inch piece cinnamon stick
- 2 cups red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 small green chilis, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Few grinds of black pepper
- 2 pounds organic chicken tenderloin, cut into one inch pieces
- 1/3 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/16 teaspoon kewra extract
- Heat oil. Add cardamoms, clove, and cinnamon. Let crackle then add onion and salt. Cook on low until caramelized, stirring every 2 minutes or so.
- Add garlic and chili to mixture. Cook on low, stirring constantly and mashing mixture with spatula to form a paste while cooking.
- Add rest of spices along with a tablespoon of water. Cook on low for 10 seconds. Add chicken. Cook covered for 15 minutes on medium low, stirring every 2 minutes. Add cilantro and kewra off heat. Enjoy with whole grain of choice!