Posted by: EatFree
- 12 ounces Asian brown rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound extra-lean, organic ground turkey or chicken
- 12 ounces of iceberg lettuce and cabbage mix
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon light muscavado sugar
- lime wedges
- Bring water in a large pot to a boil. Meanwhile heat oil in separate pan. Add onion and cook until light golden on edges. Add garlic, red pepper, salt, and pepper. Cook on low until fragrant, stirring continuously.
- Add ground meat and cook on medium heat until done and lightly browned. Stir occasionally.
- Add noodles to boiling water and turn off heat. Let sit for 5 minutes then drain. Whisk together remaining ingredients except for cabbage and lime. Add this mixture along with cabbage and iceberg to turkey. Cook on high until cabbage is just wilted but still crisp. Turn off heat and toss in noodles. Serve with lime wedge and enjoy!