- 32 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 cups red onion, sliced
- 2 cups mixed bell peppers, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos (soy sauce substitute)
- 1-2 tablespoons red chili flakes
- 6 tablespoons naturally-sweetened apricot fruit spread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a baking rack with cooking spray and lay atop a shallow tray. Cut tofu into cubes and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown and relatively dry. Set aside.
- Heat oil. Add garlic. When fragrant, add onion, bell peppers, salt, and pepper. Cook on high heat until lightly brown but still intact. Add tofu and rest of ingredients. Stir until combined and cook on high heat for 1 minutes until thick and well glazed. Enjoy atop of a brown rice or black rice!