- 1.25 lbs red potatoes , peeled and cut into thin half moons
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 dried bay leaf
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon raw cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon amchur (dried mango) powder
- Parboil potatoes and cauliflowers until 3/4 done, about 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside. Separate potatoes and soak in cold water.
- Heat oil. Add cumin, ajwain,mustard, and bay. Let crackle. Add cauliflower and (drained) potatoes. Stir fry until vegetables are golden brown on edges. Add rest of ingredients except for amchur. Stir fry for 5-6 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Add amchur at end, toss, and serve with your favorite Indian flat bread!