- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple with juice (in 100% pineapple juice)
- 3 tablespoons liquid aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons muscabado sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- Steam broccoli in steamer for 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Blend together pineapple, liquid aminos, red pepper flakes, and sugar with 3/4 cup water. Set aside.
- Heat oil. Add ginger and garlic. Cook until fragrant. Add broccoli and blended sauce. Cook covered for an additional 7-8 minutes (or until broccoli is still tender but crisp). Take off cover and spoon sauce over broccoli frequently.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1 tablespoon cold water. Add to broccoli. Bring to a boil and cook another minute or until slightly thicker. Enjoy!