- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 2 dried red chiles
- 1.25 lbs red potatoes, peeled and cut into thin half-moons
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder or to taste
- salt to taste
- 1.5 cups red onion, sliced
- Heat oil. Add nigella and chili. Let crackle.
- Add potatoes. Cook on medium heat uncovered until lightly golden. Toss frequently.
- Add rest of ingredients. Cook uncovered for a few minutes and then cover and cook on medium low until potatoes are browned and onion lightly wilted. Toss occasionally. Enjoy with rice or roti!