Posted by: EatFree
- 1/2 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 organic egg, whisked
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons organic cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon unsalted organic butter
- 1.5 cups part-skim organic ricotta cheese
- Whisk together flour and salt. Whisk in egg and enough warm water to form thin pancake-batter like consistency. Do not over-mix . Set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine berries, lemon juice, lemon zest, raw sugar, and vanilla in a small pot. Simmer until blueberries start to burst but are still intact. Whisk in cornstarch with one tablespoon cold water. Add into blueberry mixture, bring to a boil, and then simmer for 1 minute until thick. Set aside.
- Heat one teaspoon of butter in skillet. Add about 1/3 cup of crepe batter, swirl around off heat, and then cook on both sides over medium heat until browned and cooked. Repeat for rest of crepes. Fill with 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese, fold over, and then top with blueberry compote. Enjoy!